Dear Parents and/or Guardians,
Eden CISD is excited to announce a new partnership with the Shannon Pediatric Telehealth program! Attached you will find a flyer from Shannon with some information regarding this program. This flyer also has a QR code. If you scan this code, you will be directed to the online registration for the program. You can also find information, a short video, online registration links or forms at the following website: https://www.shannonhealth.com/...
Below is some need-to-know information regarding this program.
· This program is for minor acute illnesses only such as ear infections, sore throat, and rashes. This program is not to replace your wellness visits with your primary doctor or for the ongoing management of long-term problems. As the child’s parent or guardian, you must give permission to schedule your child an appointment. The school cannot schedule appointments without parent/guardian consent and enrollment.
· Your child MUST be pre-enrolled in the program to have an appointment - enrollment is free! You also do not have to use it if you sign up. I encouraged you to go ahead and enroll your child if you think this is something you will want to utilize. Enrollment is good for the current school year.
· If your child is established with a pediatrician at Shannon, they will try to set your child up with an appointment to see them first. If they do not have any available appointment slots, your child will see another Shannon pediatrician.
· Visits will take place in the nurse's office at school. You may come to the school to be physically present with your child for the visit, you may participate via conference call for the visit, or we can perform the visit and call you with an update after it is completed. I do strongly encourage you to participate in the visit as you know your child best!
· If you have insurance, your insurance will be billed for the visit. Co-pays or self-pay fees will be billed to you after the visit. The self-pay fee is $25. If your child ends up needing to be seen in person, you will not be billed for the Telehealth visit.
· If your child requires a prescription, it will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
· Your child’s After Care Summary will be available on their My Chart account.
If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Kim Miller, RN, BSN
(325)869-4121 ext 105