Dear Parent / Guardian,
School is in full swing and it has been such a joy to watch all of our students fill the hallways of the new Eden CISD school building! I hope your student(s) have had a wonderful start to the 2022–2023 school year! Unfortunately, sometimes with the gathering of people comes the sharing of germs. I just wanted to share a few reminders for this school year.
1. Fever - If your child has run a temperature of 100.4 F or greater in the last 24 hours, they must stay home. Your child may return to school once they have been fever free for 24 hours WITHOUT the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. Vomiting and Diarrhea - If your child has experienced vomiting and/or diarrhea in the past 24 hours, they need to stay home. Your child may return to school when they have been free from vomiting and/or diarrhea for at least 24 hours.
3. Eye Infection – If your child has an eye with redness and drainage, please have it evaluated. If your child has an eye infection, they may return 24 hours after starting an antibiotic eye drop or ointment.
4. Body Rash with Itching or Fever – Your child may return to school once they are clear of the rash, itching, and/or fever or have been evaluated and cleared for school by a physician.
Some healthy habits to promote at home are:
· Discussing the importance of and practicing good hand hygiene. Wash and/or sanitize hands often.
· Good nutrition promotes a good immune system! Encourage plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables along with a source of protein.
· Get plenty of rest. School schedules can get hectic, go to bed at a decent hour when you can.
· Wash your water bottles every evening.
· Replace your toothbrush if you have been sick.
I am excited to be joining Eden CISD as the school nurse this year. I look forward to getting to know your child(ren). Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns you may have throughout the year.
Kim Miller, RN, BSN